If you own a local business, local SEO is an important marketing element you must take advantage of. Finding your company through a local search should be available to online users. There are over 300 million online searches each day. Over 30% of those are using city, state, or zip code entries.
If you use Local SEO right, it will:
- Boost the search traffic to your website.
- Generate more leads.
- Increase potential customer calls or inquiries.
- Convert more leads to sales.
- Build a positive online presence via reviews.
- Elevate brand credibility.
How to Use Your Business’ Local SEO
1. Build the Foundation
The primary step in creating guaranteed success in Local SEO is to build some solid groundwork. Make it easy for local customers to find your business online. The majority of consumers today go online to search for the product or service they need. They won’t be able to rely on your brand if they can’t find it in the first place. If your business doesn’t have a website, this is the time to create one.
If your business already has one, make sure that it’s fully responsive. People are always on the move these days. Your potential customers may use their tablet or smartphone to do a product/service search. A responsive website means whatever device potential leads use, your business will be available to them.
2. Optimize Your Content SEO
Creating quality content on your website is more than just giving information. You also need to be technical about it. This means using local keywords that can attract your potential customers. Your business information (name, address, and contact numbers) must be omnipresent in each article. To make your website accessible to your target local customers, it must display:
- Content – this must include local keywords and your business information
- Google Maps – this must be embedded on your landing page
- Image – this must use labeled ALT tags with local keywords and your business location
- Logo – this must include your business name and location
3. Establish a Presence on Several Business Review Sites
Consumers these days are smart buyers. They rely on what others are saying about a product/service. If your business has a positive online presence, you’ll get, at the very least, customer inquiries. You can highlight these feedback on different business review sites. These include Yelp, Google My Business, and Facebook Ratings & Reviews. These review sites are like your business’ extended platform where searchers can land on. The reviews are proof that your account is not bogus. Positive ones are social proof that others can benefit from your brand as well.